Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Emmanuel Bourg <e....@cross-systems.com> on 2004/01/13 17:16:19 UTC

[configuration] Disabling property splitting

I've been playing a bit with the Struts MessageResources lately, I'm
trying to use a Configuration as the underlying structure for storing
internationalized messages. This brings 2 interesting improvements,
interpolation and automatic reloading when it's committed.

However I stumbled on a issue with the current implementation, strings
are always considered as comma separated values and splitted into a
List. This behavior isn't desirable for a resource file with several
sentences, or even for a common configuration file storing a number
format like "###,##0.00".

That's why I'm suggesting an additional flag enabling or disabling
property splitting, it would be enabled by default. I'm attaching a
patch implementing this idea.

Emmanuel Bourg