Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mik Lernout <ml...@maketechnologies.com> on 2005/08/20 01:06:35 UTC

MyFaces DataTable and preserveDataModel

Hi all,

I am having some issues when using a MyFaces DataTable that has the
preserveDataModel attribute set to true. When I put an instance of it in
a panelTab that sits, quite logically, in a panelTabbedPane.The
following series of actions fail: click a tab that does not containg the
data table and and after that open the tab with the data table: this
gives me the null pointeryuo can find at the bottom of this mail. I am
nearly sure it is related to the preserved DataModel being constructed
in the view-phase, but not being rendered, filling the session with a
malformed preserved DataModel.

Could someone confirm this?

Mik

java.lang.NullPointerException

org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTable.getFirst(HtmlDataTab
le.java:524)

org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTable.isAllChildrenAndFace
tsValid(HtmlDataTable.java:414)

org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTable.refresh(HtmlDataTabl
e.java:470)

org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTablePhaseListener.recurse
FacetsAndChildren(HtmlDataTablePhaseListener.java:51)

org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTablePhaseListener.recurse
FacetsAndChildren(HtmlDataTablePhaseListener.java:53)

org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTablePhaseListener.recurse
FacetsAndChildren(HtmlDataTablePhaseListener.java:53)

org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTablePhaseListener.recurse
FacetsAndChildren(HtmlDataTablePhaseListener.java:53)

org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTablePhaseListener.recurse
FacetsAndChildren(HtmlDataTablePhaseListener.java:53)

org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTablePhaseListener.beforeP
hase(HtmlDataTablePhaseListener.java:41)

org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.informPhaseListenersBefore(Li
fecycleImpl.java:434)

org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:295
)
        javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:110)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilte
r.java:75)

________________________________

Mik Lernout

MAKE Technologies Inc.