Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Johan Wallström <jo...@edab.nu> on 2015/12/04 10:55:22 UTC

Searching for compatible binary

Hello,

I'm searching for a binary release that can meet the following requirements:
* Windows 64bit
* Supports file system format 7 (svn 1.9)
* Includes module-files for Apache 2.4 (latest wamp)

I have found some binaries including svn 1.9, but supporting only AP2.2,
while other would support svn 1.8 with AP2.4

best regards
Johan

Re: Searching for compatible binary

Posted by Johan Wallström <jo...@edab.nu>.
On 2015-12-04 18:07, Stefan Hett wrote:
> On 12/4/2015 6:02 PM, Ivan Zhakov wrote:

>>> I just realized the Apache 2.4 modules are not packed alongside the
>>> archive.
>>> If that would be helpful for you I could repackage them so you can
>>> use that
>>> for testing.
>>>
>> I wouldn't recommend to use Apache HTTP Server and Subversion modules
>> obtained from different source: different version of compile settings
>> like Visual Studio runtime, used OpenSSL and APR version could produce
>> different kind of errors.
> Absolutely right Ivan, and now that you mention that this is exactly
> why I left that out intentionally (just didn't remember that point
> when I sent the reply :) ).

For now, I ended up with Apache Haus svn+apache binaries on top of
wamp... ujuj

Posted by Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com>.
On 12/4/2015 6:02 PM, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
> On 4 December 2015 at 18:53, Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com> wrote:

>>> Hi Johan,
>>>
>>> for testing purposes I think MaxSVN would meet these needs:
>>> http://www.luke1410.de/typo3/index.php?id=97
>> I just realized the Apache 2.4 modules are not packed alongside the archive.
>> If that would be helpful for you I could repackage them so you can use that
>> for testing.
>>
> I wouldn't recommend to use Apache HTTP Server and Subversion modules
> obtained from different source: different version of compile settings
> like Visual Studio runtime, used OpenSSL and APR version could produce
> different kind of errors.
Absolutely right Ivan, and now that you mention that this is exactly why
I left that out intentionally (just didn't remember that point when I
sent the reply :) ).

Stefan Hett

Re: Searching for compatible binary

Posted by Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

--
Ivan Zhakov

Re: Searching for compatible binary

Posted by Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com>.

Posted by Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com>.
On 12/4/2015 10:55 AM, Johan Wallström wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm searching for a binary release that can meet the following
> requirements:
> * Windows 64bit
> * Supports file system format 7 (svn 1.9)
> * Includes module-files for Apache 2.4 (latest wamp)
>
> I have found some binaries including svn 1.9, but supporting only
> AP2.2, while other would support svn 1.8 with AP2.4
>
> best regards
> Johan
Hi Johan,

for testing purposes I think MaxSVN would meet these needs:
http://www.luke1410.de/typo3/index.php?id=97

However, this would only be for testing, not for setting up some
production environments.
I take it you checked out the list of Windows packages here already?
https://subversion.apache.org/packages.html

Stefan Hett