Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jorge Schrauwen <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/15 23:09:29 UTC

Any volunteers?

I had a wild idea not so long ago to make a sort of simple web interface for
apache.
It is far from done, but what i got working (not mutch since i only put like
5 hours in it) i showed to some server admin's i know and they where very
entausiatic.

I got sort of a log manager working fine in Mozilla Firefox, but not in IE
its seems to be a javascript problem.
So if is anyone that is willing to take a look at this? or work on it with
me?
I'm also looking on some input on how to make it work on more systems than
windows but i'm far from there so thats not very high priority.

Anyone interested, please reply then i can show what i got allready and
share the source files.

Its writtin in PHP combined with some javascript (AJAX).

--
~Jorge

Re: Any volunteers?

Posted by Jorge Schrauwen <jo...@gmail.com>.
Very interesting, lot of potention there...
Might put mine on hold then... and see what comes of this.

--
~Jorge

Re: Any volunteers?

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Re: Any volunteers?

Posted by Jorge Schrauwen <jo...@gmail.com>.
Webmin doesn't work on windows,
My idea is with this to be for HTTPD only and provide a rich interface for
managing an httpd 2.0/2.2 server via a webbrowser.
The first version won't have a config edtor in there but I'm planning on
having things like a gui like editor for basic settings in there at some
point. I though of webmin, while it works well on linux its really a no go
on windows and not that user friendly IMHO.

Jorge

--
~Jorge

Re: Any volunteers?

Re: Any volunteers?

Posted by Jorge Schrauwen <jo...@gmail.com>.
Since there doesn't seem to be mutch interest in this i'll post what i got
in hopes of attracting some more poeple.

http://jorge.hosting-it.be/httpdAdmin.zip

Just unzip it somewhere and edit so that "/Apache2" refurse to your Apache
2.0 or 2.2 directory and "/httpdAdmin/" refurse to the path where you
unzipped it.

the user name and password is: httpd/dev

~ Jorge

--
~Jorge