Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Scott Lewis <sl...@composent.com> on 2010/04/01 02:43:23 UTC

Re: [ecf-dev] Blog ECF Discovery: How many zookeepers does it take to screw in a lightbulb

Hi Wim,

Thanks for the blog posting...and the contribution of course.  This is
*great* stuff.

I'm not sure if everyone realizes it, but ECF's impl of OSGi remote
services works with any/all ECF discovery providers (now
supported/available:  zeroconf, slp, xml file-based, and now apache
zookeeper), this means that people can *easily* mix and match discovery
providers with ECF remote service providers (now supported:  r-OSGi, ECF
generic, JMS/Apache MQ, JavaGroups, XMPP, Skype, rest-based providers,
soap-based providers).

So based upon use case, network security constraints, existing network
architecture, etc., people can use any desired combination of discovery
provider(s) and remote service provider(s).

Also, this is a great example of community-driven and
community-contributed project development.

Good work!

Scott