Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Pariksheet Barapatre <pa...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/13 07:31:13 UTC

Kafka Streaming - Window expiration

Hello Experts,

As per documentation in kafka docs -
*Windowing* is a common prerequisite for stateful transformations which
group records in a stream, for example, by their timestamps. A local state
store is usually needed for a windowing operation to store recently
received records based on the window interval, while old records in the
store are purged after the specified window retention period
<http://docs.confluent.io/3.0.0/streams/concepts.html#streams-concepts-windowing>
.

But I am not finding any example to set window retention period example.

Could somebody help me with example?

long windowSizeMs = 60 *
1000L;TimeWindows.of("tumbling-window-example", windowSizeMs);

How to set expiration/purge time for above window example.

Many Thanks

Pari

Re: Kafka Streaming - Window expiration

Posted by Pariksheet Barapatre <pa...@gmail.com>.
Many Thanks Eno.  I will try .until method.

Cheers
Pari

Posted by Pariksheet Barapatre <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eno Thereska <en...@gmail.com>.