Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Paul Stearns <pa...@compuace.com.INVALID> on 2019/02/02 06:05:04 UTC

At least one memory leak problem is a custom combo box I use.

Alex:

I have found that using a custom combo box I built causes the module that contains it to stay in memory.

If I create a new instance but do not access it, everything is fine, As soon as I touch the dataprovider, it will not allow the parent module to unload (even if I set the dataProvider to null). I changed it to a standard combobox, and everything is ducky, but that doesn't have the features I need.

If you could take a look at my ValidatedComboBox function and see if it is something obvious, I'd appreciate it.

https://pastebin.com/HyMTCC1Y

Paul R. Stearns
Advanced Consulting Enterprises, Inc.

15280 NW 79th Ct.
Suite 250
Miami Lakes, Fl 33016

Voice: (305)623-0360 x107
Fax: (305)623-4588

Re: At least one memory leak problem is a custom combo box I use.

Posted by Mick Powell <mi...@veeops.com>.
Hello Paul,

I noticed a similar problem years ago in the flex 4.1 SDK, but it could have been there for a while before that. We used a pretty simple workaround that you could try: https://mickpowellstips.blogspot.com/2010/11/dropdownlist-memory-leak-flex-41.html. It might fix your issue, and I doubt it will do any harm to give it a whirl… There might be a better approach as well, but that was the way we solved it.

All the best,

Mick