Posted to user@roller.apache.org by ries van Twisk <rv...@dds.nl> on 2008/02/11 03:32:13 UTC

Looking for build instructions for roller 4.0

hey All,

I am looking for the build instructions for 4.0,

looking here : http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Build+Guide

I kinda get the feeling that I am looking at the wrong docs.

Did I look at the wrong place?

Ries

RE: Looking for build instructions for roller 4.0

Posted by "Broderick, Andrew" <An...@Monster.com>.
I followed the same steps, and encountered the same problems. It seems
you also need activation.jar to be in tools/buildtime. This is available
at:

http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/jaf/downloads/index.html

Posted by ries van Twisk <rv...@dds.nl>.
On Feb 11, 2008, at 9:24 AM, Dave wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2008 9:13 AM, ries van Twisk <rv...@dds.nl> wrote:

>>> That is the right place. Did the instructions there not work for
>>> you?
>>>
>>> - Dave
>>
>> Hey Dave,
>>
>> unfortunately they didn't work for me.
>>
>> when I did run 'ant build', it first comes up with this error :
>>
>>     [javac] Compiling 196 source files to /Users/rvt/Sites/apache-
>> roller-src-4.0/apps/weblogger/build/compile/business
>>     [javac] /Users/rvt/Sites/apache-roller-src-4.0/apps/weblogger/
>> src/
>> java/org/apache/roller/weblogger/business/MailProvider.java:22:
>> package javax.mail does not exist
>>     [javac] import javax.mail.MessagingException;
>>
>> After I got myself a copy of javamail 1.4.1 and copied mail.jar into
>> tools/buildtime, I was a step further.
>>
>> This time I got this error :
>>
>>  [openjpac] 388  RollerPU  INFO   [main] openjpa.Tool - No targets
>> were given.  Running on all classes in your persistent classes list,
>> or all metadata files in classpath directories if you have not listed
>> your persistent classes.  Use -help to display tool usage
>> information.
>>  [openjpac] 1273  RollerPU  WARN   [main] openjpa.Enhance - Detected
>> the following possible violations of the restrictions placed on
>> property access persistent types:
>>  [openjpac] "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock" uses
>> property access, but its field "timeLeased" is accessed directly in
>> method "toString" defined in
>> "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock".
>>  [openjpac] "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock" uses
>> property access, but its field "id" is accessed directly in method
>> "toString" defined in "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock".
>>  [openjpac] "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock" uses
>> property access, but its field "timeAquired" is accessed directly in
>> method "toString" defined in
>> "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock".
>>
>> With the above error I am not sure what to do...
>>
>> Since I am rather new to java and building projects in java I am not
>> 100% sure if a project should 'just be-able to be build' or that I
>> need extra tools to download put jars somewhere and then run. much
>> like what I did with mail.jar.
>>
>> I am using a standard java environment given by OSX Leopard, not sure
>> if that is good or not.
>
> There is no error above, only a warning which may be ignored.
>
> Did the build fail or succeed?
>
> - Dave

You are right, they where warnings but the errors came later.

However, it turned out that I also had to copy a version of hibernate
3.1 into the
tools directory and I had to download a version of jaf and copied
activation.jar
into the buildtime directory.

Now it seems to build fine, hurraay!!!

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.