Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <tl...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/08 16:50:40 UTC

Directory permissions

Hi all,

Is there a wiki somewhere which lists the expected permissions on the
various on-disk directories (eg mapred.local.dir, hadoop.tmp.dir, etc?) I
recently re-organized these directories to spread them across multiple disks
on our cluster, and somehow in the process broke permissions such that jobs
running on the "local" cluster fail due to being unable to write to any of
the mapred.local.dirs.

I don't exactly want to change mapred.local.dir to be 777, but I also can't
figure out a way to specify an alternate path only for "local"
(non-distributed) jobs.

Which obvious thing am I missing here? :)

Thanks
-Todd