Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/09/23 03:05:29 UTC

Improved JIRA process

Hey Everybody,

As more and more people are starting to work on JIRAs, I'd like to propose
a new process around jira assignment, targeting, etc. This way people will
be able to more easily identify available issues for pick up and general
development intentions.

I propose the following:

   1. We should remove the default assignment of new issues.
   2. We need to remove all current assignments other than those that are
   currently active (or about to be active).
   3. Individual developers who plan to work on a feature should assign it
   to themselves. This should be a commitment to work on this feature within
   the next couple weeks. (They should also set the "fix for" to the release
   they would like to target completion.)
   4. Once a developer starts work on a feature, they should accept the
   feature (showing that they are actively working on it).
   5. If another developer is interested in working on a feature that is
   assigned (but inactive), they should request taking over that feature from
   the current assignee.

How does this sound?

Jacques

Re: Improved JIRA process

Posted by Aman Sinha <as...@maprtech.com>.
+1

Re: Improved JIRA process

Posted by Kamesh <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 on this proposal.

--
Kamesh.

Re: Improved JIRA process

Posted by Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com>.
Got it. Makes sense.

Re: Improved JIRA process

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.

Re: Improved JIRA process

Posted by Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me.

Re: Improved JIRA process

Posted by Andrew <an...@primer.org>.
I think it's a great idea. Big plus one.

Sent from my iPhone