Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2008/10/29 07:39:48 UTC

Dojo in eCommerce

Hi Anil,

Just curious looking at http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/eCommerce+Enhancements?#comments.
I did nto follow closely Dojo use in eCommerce, what is(are) the problem(s) with Dojo ?

Thanks

Jacques

Re: Dojo in eCommerce

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Why was dojo left als the prefered Javascript toolkit?

A comparison between several Javascript toolkits has been made (see
following links) and is seems that dojo has performance advantages. It is
also used in other Apache and other mayor open source projects (e.g.
intalio). It seems that dojo is more widely used than prototype and backed
by mayor Open Source contributors in their products (e.g. IBM).

http://blog.creonfx.com/javascript/dojo-vs-jquery-vs-mootools-vs-prototype-performance-comparison
http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/UP3/Javascript+Toolkit+Comparison

Regards,

Pierre