Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "A.White" <A....@salford.ac.uk> on 2004/03/08 16:51:27 UTC

Development Environment on a pen drive

I am thinking about setting up a development environment on my USB flash
drive as I would like to be able to do some work/demonstrate to
customers on the move and was wondering if anyone else had done it
before or if it was possible.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Cheers

Andrew

JNDI DataSource clarification questions.

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Now I am to the point of needing some clarification on JNDI.

Current config.
TC 4.1.29 Standalone
RH 9

Planned config
TC 5 (latest stable)
TAO Linux (Approx RH Enterprise)

I am running an application and using JNDI against MySQL. All is working
fine but!

1. I deploy via a war file. I must restart tomcat in order to see the
datasource after I remove and redeploy an app. If someone knows a solution
please advise. I am assuming that Tomcat must reread the server.xml in order
to pick up the ResourceLink.

2. With TC 5 I understand that the context portion can be contained in the
war and thus will be read upon deployment. Does this also mean that a
restart is not required?

Thanks,

Doug
www.parsonstechnical.com