Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> on 2020/06/23 23:22:33 UTC

[DISCUSS] Moving forward with RC of 1.2.0

Hello all,

It's looking like things for the 1.2.0 release are wrapping up, with only
the following issues looking problematic:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-300 (LDAP support for
"posixGroup")
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-793 (CAS support for groups)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-903 (Improved Chinese
translation)

Each of the above is under review and being worked on by their respective
contributors, but I'm not sure how long it will be before everything is
ready for merge. Some of the feedback on the above requires involved
resolutions, possibly with further back-and-forth. Given the size of 1.2.0,
its various fixes to FreeRDP-related regressions, etc. I would like to
suggest bumping these issues to 1.3.0 or later so that we can cut an RC.

Any objection to removing the above three issues from scope of 1.2.0?

Thanks,

- Mike

Re: [DISCUSS] Moving forward with RC of 1.2.0

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 5:03 PM Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 7:23 PM Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > It's looking like things for the 1.2.0 release are wrapping up, with only
> > the following issues looking problematic:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-300 (LDAP support for
> > "posixGroup")
> >

> Regarding this one, I believe the actual code changes have been merged, and
> it's just documentation at this point??  Also, the contributor
> (mlewissmith) responded on it today, so I think we can probably push this
> through.

Ah, you're right. Sounds good, then.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 7:23 PM Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> It's looking like things for the 1.2.0 release are wrapping up, with only
> the following issues looking problematic:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-300 (LDAP support for
> "posixGroup")

Regarding this one, I believe the actual code changes have been merged, and
it's just documentation at this point??  Also, the contributor
(mlewissmith) responded on it today, so I think we can probably push this
through.

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-793 (CAS support for
> groups)
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-903 (Improved Chinese
> translation)
>
> Each of the above is under review and being worked on by their respective
> contributors, but I'm not sure how long it will be before everything is
> ready for merge. Some of the feedback on the above requires involved
> resolutions, possibly with further back-and-forth. Given the size of 1.2.0,
> its various fixes to FreeRDP-related regressions, etc. I would like to
> suggest bumping these issues to 1.3.0 or later so that we can cut an RC.
>
> Any objection to removing the above three issues from scope of 1.2.0?

Definitely good bumping the last two out of scope, and if GUACAMOLE-300 is
both code and documentation, I'm fine bumping this, as well.

-Nick