Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Richard Martin <rm...@essex.ac.uk> on 2003/12/29 20:12:38 UTC

Message Style method signature.

Hi everyone,

The java:msg provider specifies that the service class contains the
following method signature:

public Element[] nameOfMethod(MessageContext context, Vector
soapBodyElements) throws Exception { ... }

The vector in the above snippet contains org.w3c.dom.Elements and the array
return type is also org.w3c.dom.Element. However I find org.w3c.dom to be
pointlessly difficult when there are so many better solutions available, and
so do my colleagues who must write code for various services that will be
deployed on AXIS.

I would like to know how to invoke a message style service as above, but
using org.jdom classes instead of org.w3c. Clearly the vector poses no
problems as a Handler on the request chain can convert the contents, but the
return type of org.w3c.dom poses a problem. I think I need to overwrite the
class that calls the web service itself so that it can accept a org.jdom
return type which it can then convert to org.w3c for the rest of the
response chain.

Can you tell me what classes I need to write and how to deploy them in the
WSDD? Or even if this is possible?

Thanks!

Richard