Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/12 07:49:38 UTC

Re: How do I remove the yellow-fade that occurs when updating the Zone component?

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Zone.html

"The show and update parameters are the names of functions attached to the
Tapestry.ElementEffect object."

So, if you want to create your own custom behaviour, you have to do this, I
think:

Tapestry.ElementEffect.prototype.doNothing = function() {};

<t:zone t:id="someZone" update="doNothing"/>

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
The update function should have a parameter

Tapestry.ElementEffect = {

   doNothing: function(element){

      alert('Yep, it works!');

   }

}

Furthermore, if you use 5.0.18 you may need to set the symbol
SymbolConstants.html#SCRIPTS_AT_TOP to true. This symbol is deprecated in
5.1.0.5.

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:53 AM, Sean Bollin <sb...@sfeveo.com> wrote:

> Nope.. this doesn't work.  Thanks though.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Inge Solvoll wrote:
>

>> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Zone.html
>>
>> "The show and update parameters are the names of functions attached to the
>> Tapestry.ElementEffect object."
>>
>> So, if you want to create your own custom behaviour, you have to do this,
>> I think:
>>

>> Tapestry.ElementEffect.prototype.doNothing = function() {};
>>

>> <t:zone t:id="someZone" update="doNothing"/>
>>

>> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 1:15 AM, Sean Bollin <sbollin@sfeveo.com <mailto:
>> sbollin@sfeveo.com>> wrote:
>>
>>    Hello,
>>
>>    I would like to remove the yellow-fade that occurs while updating
>>    the Zone component.
>>
>>    I have tried the following:
>>
>>    <t:zone t:id="pollZone" update="fakeFunction()"
>>    t:update="fakeFunction()">
>>
>>    But it does not change the behavior.  Please advise.
>>
>>    Thank you,
>>    Sean

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko

Re: How do I remove the yellow-fade that occurs when updating the Zone component?

Posted by Sean Bollin <sb...@sfeveo.com>.