Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Tomáš Šoltys <to...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/02 09:28:57 UTC

JIRA 515 and release 0.12.0

Hi,

JIRA 515 is set to be fixed in 0.11.1 but is still unresolved.
I have submitted two patches (io.c.patch object.h.patch) which from my
point of view makes port to OpenVMS complete.

Can this JIRA be resolved with 0.12.0?

Regards,
Tomáš Šoltys

Re: JIRA 515 and release 0.12.0

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, 2016-02-02 at 11:46 +0000, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Andrew/Alan/Any-other-C-inclined-folks, can you look at this?

I've looked at it and commented at some length in the bug report
itself.

> I know a large sticking point is likely to be that we probably have
> no
> easy way to test things on OpenVMS, but as it seems quite contained
> (though perhaps not in the desired style?) I think approaching it on
> 'if it doesn't break anything else' basis would do fine.

My major problem is that I don't understand why the change is necessary
- it doesn't on the face of it seem necessary at all.

I did find a related quesion on stackoverflow also from Tomas, but
actually linking it to the Jira might have been of some use.

Andrew

Re: JIRA 515 and release 0.12.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Andrew/Alan/Any-other-C-inclined-folks, can you look at this?

I know a large sticking point is likely to be that we probably have no
easy way to test things on OpenVMS, but as it seems quite contained
(though perhaps not in the desired style?) I think approaching it on a
'if it doesn't break anything else' basis would do fine.

Robbie