Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/10 16:36:50 UTC

migration of web site to svnpubsub

All,
rsync-based updates of the geronimo web site will be frozen in January (very soon). We must migrate to svnpubsub (and optionally CMS) in order to have a website that we can change (seems like something we'd like to have).

For more information, see -- http://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html

I'm going to have very limited time to do any work on this. Any volunteers?

--kevan

Re: migration of web site to svnpubsub

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
Right. I first added and then dropped the KEYS.xxx files from dist svn
as I figured they were old. I kept only the KEYS file as that's the
only one we really need anyway.

Jarek

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
The buildbot setup is up and running and any wiki changes should be
automatically published (you should see a commit message) every hour
now. I also updated the copyright date for main site and 3.0 docs to
2013. If we need to update the copyright date on any other page - let
me know.

Please give the svnpubsub site one more review - I will ask INFRA (if
there are no objections) to switch our live website to svnpubsub over
the weekend. The live web site might be down for a few hours as things
are being migrated. I did make a backup copy of the existing Geronimo
site in case things go horribly wrong. There are also some redirects
that we might have to fix once the site goes live.

Jarek

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Jan 2, 2013, at 5:25 PM, Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dan,
>
> Yes, I was planning to do that once I had a bit more confidence in the
> modified export code. Btw, do you know how to deal with static files
> that are not exported from wiki? We have some additional files such as
> schema files, etc. that we need to publish on the web site.

Just checkout the "target" area and add them.   Things like javadocs, schemas, images, css files, etc…  would all need to be handled that way.

Dan

> Thanks,
> Jarek
>

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Jarek,
>>
>> I would highly suggest that we try and keep all the changes to the exporter together someplace (currently in CXF's repo, but we could move it, although since you are a committer there, likely not needed to move).    If/when infrastructure updates the confluence version from 3.4 to 4.x, the exporter WILL need to be updated as the SOAP API's that we use have changed quite a bit in 4.x.    If we keep all the changes together in one place, we'll only need to update it in one place instead of scattered throughout all the projects.
>>

>> Dan
>>

>> On Dec 18, 2012, at 2:26 PM, Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I did some experiments with both approaches: 1) convert to Apache CMS,
>>> and 2) use Dan's site-export tool. I got a lot further with Dan's
>>> tool. I modified his code a bit so that it works with our existing
>>> templates (no need to modify our templates). However, there are at
>>> least two things that don't work right (yet): a) exporting news items
>>> / blogs, and b) cross wiki space links. I think I can fix b) but I'm
>>> not sure about a).
>>>
>>> Anyway, I just checked the wiki exporter code into
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/site/trunk/wiki-export.
>>> There is a README file that explains how to get things going. You will
>>> also need the templates from
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/site/trunk/template
>>>
>>> Jarek

Daniel Kulp

Re: migration of web site to svnpubsub

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
Dan,

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Jarek,

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: migration of web site to svnpubsub

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 14, 2012, at 11:16 AM, Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we need a short and long term solution. For the short term solution let's try Dan's approach and see if that can work for us. Otherwise, we will loose web site updates on the 1st. For the long term solution we can consider switching to CMS or at least getting a clarification from the infra team if we can continue to use the cwiki for the website. We do have a lot of pages so switching to CMS might be challenging but we might have no choice (sooner or later).

That sounds good to me.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.