Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/25 04:01:03 UTC

InputFormats for Hama

Hi,

For Hama there are limited input formats

CombineFileInputFormat, FileInputFormat, NullInputFormat,
SequenceFileInputFormat, TextInputFormat

Does it make sense to have to have more input formats? I was thinking
InputFormats for Graph Databases.

Any feedback for the different input formats is welcome.

I quickly glanced Giraph and Hadoop and they have more InputFormats which
makes it easy to plug them with external systems.

Praveen

Re: InputFormats for Hama

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.
Yeah that's great. Someone from Neo4J was here a long time ago, but I have
never heard again from him.

We should also support some normal formats like XML or CSV. We can directly
port them from Hadoop to our package.
Based on XML we can implement a format that parses DMOZ or commoncrawl on
Amzon S3.

Would someone please open JIRAs for that?

--
Thomas Jungblut
Berlin <th...@gmail.com>

Re: InputFormats for Hama

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: InputFormats for Hama

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Great Praveen!

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: InputFormats for Hama

Posted by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Ed,

Re: InputFormats for Hama

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Nice discussion!

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: InputFormats for Hama

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Nice discussion!

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: InputFormats for Hama

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks for your time.

--
Thomas Jungblut
Berlin <th...@gmail.com>

Re: InputFormats for Hama

Posted by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com>.

Re: InputFormats for Hama

Posted by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com>.
It would be nice to use the same Hadoop core classes instead of copying the
code into Hama. Same applies to InputFormat and other classes also. Hama
would be getting effort free updates.

A generic Input/Output format can be applicable to MR, BSP and other
distributed models also.

Re: InputFormats for Hama

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.

--