Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Woosang Jung <dr...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/11 06:28:56 UTC

Short shipping sales order

Hi,

The document "Order Fulfillment Process Overview" (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Order+Fulfillment+Process+Overview) shows the following under picking.

"If Picker notices that there is insufficient quantity in the pick location for a given pick-list item Picker will ask a Inventory Mover to find inventory in a bulk location. If Inventory Mover finds needed inventory in a bulk location they will do a quick Stock Move for that inventory from the bulk to the pick location. If Inventory Mover does not find bulk inventory Picker puts anything picked back in the appropriate location(s). Inventory Mover records the physical inventory adjustment."

My question is, what would be the steps to short ship the order?
Let's say the order qty is 10 but the warehouse has only 8. How do I ship only 8 and leave 2 as a back order?

Picking screen doesn't seem to have a way to update picked qty and packing screen throws error if I pack less than the full qty.
I see there is 'Force Complete' button on packing screen but not sure if that's the correct way of short shipping.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Re: Short shipping sales order

Posted by Woosang Jung <dr...@gmail.com>.

On 2017-12-11 06:43, Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:
> Also note that if you use the "View ship group by order item
> <https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org:443/ordermgr/control/orderview?orderId=DEMO10090&view=OISGA>" button you will then be able to move products from
> one ship group to another
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 11/12/2017 à 15:17, Oleg Andreyev a écrit :
> > Hi Woosang,
> >
> > Basically, you need to split the order into 2 ship groups and move 2
> > products to the second ship group. After this, you may pack ship group
> > 00001 separately. The order stays open and you may ship remaining 2 when
> > they are available.
> >
> > Use button "Create New Ship Group" in the order to add new ship group and
> > button "View ship group by order item" to manage quantities.
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 8:28 AM, Woosang Jung <dr...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> The document "Order Fulfillment Process Overview" (
> >> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/
> >> Order+Fulfillment+Process+Overview) shows the following under picking.
> >>
> >> "If Picker notices that there is insufficient quantity in the pick
> >> location for a given pick-list item Picker will ask a Inventory Mover to
> >> find inventory in a bulk location. If Inventory Mover finds needed
> >> inventory in a bulk location they will do a quick Stock Move for that
> >> inventory from the bulk to the pick location. If Inventory Mover does not
> >> find bulk inventory Picker puts anything picked back in the appropriate
> >> location(s). Inventory Mover records the physical inventory adjustment."
> >>
> >> My question is, what would be the steps to short ship the order?
> >> Let's say the order qty is 10 but the warehouse has only 8. How do I ship
> >> only 8 and leave 2 as a back order?
> >>
> >> Picking screen doesn't seem to have a way to update picked qty and packing
> >> screen throws error if I pack less than the full qty.
> >> I see there is 'Force Complete' button on packing screen but not sure if
> >> that's the correct way of short shipping.
> >>
> >> Your help is greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks,

Thanks for the tips. I'll try it out :)

Re: Short shipping sales order

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Oleg Andreyev <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Woosang,

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The document "Order Fulfillment Process Overview" (
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/
> Order+Fulfillment+Process+Overview) shows the following under picking.
>
> "If Picker notices that there is insufficient quantity in the pick
> location for a given pick-list item Picker will ask a Inventory Mover to
> find inventory in a bulk location. If Inventory Mover finds needed
> inventory in a bulk location they will do a quick Stock Move for that
> inventory from the bulk to the pick location. If Inventory Mover does not
> find bulk inventory Picker puts anything picked back in the appropriate
> location(s). Inventory Mover records the physical inventory adjustment."
>
> My question is, what would be the steps to short ship the order?
> Let's say the order qty is 10 but the warehouse has only 8. How do I ship
> only 8 and leave 2 as a back order?
>
> Picking screen doesn't seem to have a way to update picked qty and packing
> screen throws error if I pack less than the full qty.
> I see there is 'Force Complete' button on packing screen but not sure if
> that's the correct way of short shipping.
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Oleg Andreyev
at Upwork <https://www.upwork.com/fl/olegandreyev2>