Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Sumudu Chinthaka <cs...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/30 18:54:07 UTC

Books

Hi

I have being heavily working on flex base mobile applications during this
year and one of the thing that i notice is most books written about flex
are 2 or 3 years old and there aren't any new books written about flex.

so i would like to suggest our dev team to think about this and compile a
book that covers latest apache flex release

Best Regards

Re: Books

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

I should be able to help out and contribute, but having just written a book I know it's a lot of work :-)

Justin

Re: Books

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 30, 2013 6:14 PM, "Joeflash" <ne...@joeflash.ca> wrote:

> That actually isn't a bad idea. I still have some contacts at Wrox/Wiley
from
> when we did the Professional Adobe Flex 3 "phone book", and at one point
> O'Reilly was bugging me to do a Flex 4 book (but I turned them down saying
> I'll wait for Flex 5, and you can guess how that turned out... LOL).
>
> But yeah, I think it may be time for an "Apache Flex Cookbook". I'll see
if
> I can set that up. Who's with me?

+1 for the idea!

Thanks,
Om

Re: Books

Posted by Maarten Cammaert <ma...@gmail.com>.
Great idea
Big +1 from me!

Re: Books

Posted by Scott Matheson <sm...@intralinks.com>.

Re: Books

Re: Books

Re: Books

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

>> What's the protocol here from Apache's end? I've never written a book on an
>> apache product before
As long as trace marks are respected there no issues as far as I'm aware. Anyone can write a book on Apache product X. [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#booktitle

Re: Books

Posted by JP Bader <jp...@zavteq.com>.
+1

I'd be interested to see (and contribute) to this project.

JP

--
JP Bader
Principal

Re: Books

Posted by Joseph Balderson <ne...@joeflash.ca>.
As I mentioned in the users@flex.apache.org list, that's a great idea, I've
actually been thinking of doing one in the new year. I still have some contacts
at Wrox/Wiley from when we did the Professional Adobe Flex 3 "phone book", and
at one point O'Reilly was bugging me to do a Flex 4 book back in 2009 (but I