Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Böhringer Jochen <Jo...@tcc-products.de> on 2007/02/28 14:10:07 UTC

Serving dynamic image using Trinidad?

Hello,

I have a page which includes two images. But the two images are not deployed
with the application. They are created at runtime depending on the user's
input. I can see two options how to include them in my page:

1.) Store them temporarily on the disk of the server in the webpath and
include the link to the temporary file in an tr:image tag.

2.) I have the byte[] content of the jpg image in a managed bean on the
server. I could use a resource mechanism like the tomahawk resource filter
to add the resource and include the path to the resource filter using the
tr:image tag.

I would prefer to use option 2, but I didn't combined Trinidad and Tomahawk
in this web app till now. And if I don't have to do it I would prefer not to
do so. I think, that the Trinidad Resource Filter works in a similar way to
include css and javascript files. Can I use the Trinidad filter to add my
own resources? Any documentation on this in the wiki, or the web? I haven't
found something yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Regards
Jochen