Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2008/06/01 10:22:56 UTC

People complaining about a real release

Hi All,

We begin to have more and more unpleasant comments like this one http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Demo+and+Test+Setup+Guide?focusedCommentId=4377#comment-4377
Should we not take them into account one day or another even if our build processes is so simple ?
Tough, maybe we could simply explain clearly in this page (and perhaps some other concerned) why we prefer to do it that way ?

Jacques

Re: People complaining about a real release

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
A small detail after reading the comments in that Confluence page: ant
is no more required to setup OFBiz because we have integrated it into
OFBiz.

Jacopo

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Jacopo,

Yes I totally agree. Svn export should be enough. Actually I think I have overestimated my free time in this perspective. The test
part may be long sometimes. I'm always too optimistic in the morning ;o).
The same could be done for the release 4.0 and a tag put. Or even no tags and simply an update every month for both (weekly seems a
bit too much isn'it) ? I could take care of that.
Maybe we (the community) could even decide when to do it (slightly change the date) when some interesting changes have been done, or
when some will come and we prefer to wait ?

The scenario then could be :
1. At every end of month I ask it it's ok to do it
2. If nobody think we should wait a bit I do it. Else a new date could be proposed by consensus.
3. Of course anybody could propose a date before the end of month if he/her think that we should better do it right now (Mmm ...
tags could help here)

Jacques

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Yeah - we can easily make this part of the nightly build and post a
link to the most recent one if this is something everyone is into.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert