Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "steve.hostettler" <st...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/28 13:46:49 UTC

Renaming a cache

Hello all,

currently, we have one cache per validity date. The validity date being part
of the cache name. We are considering delta loading and therefore I would
like to know whether it is possible to rename or quickly copy a cache
(without doing it at a  per entry level).

Many thanks in advance

Re: Renaming a cache

Posted by "steve.hostettler" <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the answer. It is then much easier to add a level of indirection
and to have a random name for the cache.

Re: Renaming a cache

Posted by Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org>.
Hi, Steve

Cache couldn't be renamed. Only way to copy cache entries is read all
entries from one cache and insert entries into another cache.

Of course you can implement partition aware copy in order to reduce
network traffic and performance penalty.