Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/24 18:16:56 UTC

Re: [RFC] CGIPassHeader Authorization|Proxy-Authorization|...

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> CGIPassHeader could be allowed in htaccess if the httpd admin has specified
> "AllowOverride ... AuthConfig ..."* or "AllowOverrideList CGIPassHeader" in
> the main config.
>
> Make sense?
>
> *Only auth headers are currently suppressed, so this directive could be
> named CGIPassAuthHeader and have a more visual tie to "AuthConfig".

+1

(a convo on IRC had me searching for this)

Re: [RFC] CGIPassHeader Authorization|Proxy-Authorization|...

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 8:39 PM, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 7:10 PM, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> CGIPassHeader"

> be
> >>
> >> +1
> >>
> >> (a convo on IRC had me searching for this)
> >

> > http://people.apache.org/~trawick/cgipassheader.txt
> >
> > I didn't rename it to CGIPassAuthHeader, though that could/should be
> done.
> > Maybe I forgot some unfinished piece since I wrote most of it weeks
> ago.  It
> > seems to work, however :)
> >
> > Any comments on the patch?
>
> looks good here

Thanks for looking!

A simpler version (CGIPassAuth On|Off) has been committed to trunk as
r1642847.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/

Re: [RFC] CGIPassHeader Authorization|Proxy-Authorization|...

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 7:10 PM, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > CGIPassHeader could be allowed in htaccess if the httpd admin has
>> > specified
>> > "AllowOverride ... AuthConfig ..."* or "AllowOverrideList CGIPassHeader"
>> > in
>> > the main config.
>> >
>> > Make sense?
>> >
>> > *Only auth headers are currently suppressed, so this directive could be
>> > named CGIPassAuthHeader and have a more visual tie to "AuthConfig".
>>
>> +1
>>
>> (a convo on IRC had me searching for this)
>

> http://people.apache.org/~trawick/cgipassheader.txt
>
> I didn't rename it to CGIPassAuthHeader, though that could/should be done.
> Maybe I forgot some unfinished piece since I wrote most of it weeks ago.  It
> seems to work, however :)
>
> Any comments on the patch?

looks good here

Re: [RFC] CGIPassHeader Authorization|Proxy-Authorization|...

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.