Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Em DauPhu <em...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/28 17:17:51 UTC

difference in cobertura instrumented tests

Hi,

I run "mvn clean deploy site -U -Pcobertura,andOtherProfiles" using the
profile described below.
I use the cobertura plugin version 2.3.

When I launch a job using this goals and options, tests are executed 4
times.
First question, is that correct ? (2 times with and without instrumentation
and 2 times this for deploy and site lifecycles)
Next question, my build reports for each run in order:
- during deploy lifecycle, before instrumentation
Tests run: 835, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 162.928
sec
- during deploy lifecycle, after instrumentation
Tests run: 841, Failures: 664, Errors: 0, Skipped: 20, Time elapsed: 139.084
sec <<< FAILURE!
- during site lifecycle, before instrumentation
Tests run: 835, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 161.537
sec
- during site lifecycle, after instrumentation
Tests run: 841, Failures: 664, Errors: 0, Skipped: 20, Time elapsed: 140.021
sec <<< FAILURE!

How can I investigate ? How do I have more tests while executing surefire on
instrumented tests ?

Thank you in advance.

The cobertura profile in super pom:
        <profile>
            <id>cobertura</id>
            <build>
                <plugins>
                    <plugin>
                        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                        <artifactId>cobertura-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                        <configuration>
                            <check>
                                <branchRate>50</branchRate>
                                <lineRate>50</lineRate>
                                <haltOnFailure>false</haltOnFailure>
                                <totalBranchRate>50</totalBranchRate>
                                <totalLineRate>50</totalLineRate>
                                <packageLineRate>50</packageLineRate>
                                <packageBranchRate>50</packageBranchRate>
                            </check>
                            <formats>
                                <format>html</format>
                                <format>xml</format>
                            </formats>
                        </configuration>
                        <executions>
                            <execution>
                                <goals>
                                    <goal>clean</goal>
                                    <goal>check</goal>
                                </goals>
                            </execution>
                        </executions>
                    </plugin>
                </plugins>
            </build>
            <reporting>
                <plugins>
                    <plugin>
                        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                        <artifactId>cobertura-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                        <version>${version.cobertura.plugin}</version>
                        <configuration>
                            <formats>
                                <format>html</format>
                                <format>xml</format>