Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Peter Halliday <ph...@excelsiorsystems.net> on 2010/03/03 03:01:06 UTC

Looking for work

I'm looking for work.  My previous employer was a non-profit that lost
funding and my position was cut.  I would love to find a position that
utilizes Cassandra.  I have experience in programming using Python, Perl,
PHP, and C/C++ (mostly Python and Perl).  I have experiencing with system
and network administration as well.  I certainly would be willing to send a
resume talking about my experience more.

Peter Halliday
Excelsior Systems
(Phone:) 607-936-2172
(Cell:) 607-329-6905
(Fax:) 607-398-7928

Re: Looking for work

Posted by Tatu Saloranta <ts...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Jeffrey Johnson <or...@gmail.com> wrote:
> wouldnt nosqlgigs.com ala djangogigs.com be simpler than ning? Seems
> like this could/should be about a 1-2 hour job for someone to stand
> up?

It all depends. Just wanted to mention it -- Ning networks are general
purpose, not optimized for specific use.
That is both a plus and minus: you can make it anything you want (as
in, job searching; context of no-sql technologies, maybe even specific
systems), but it is not by default optimized for that purpose. It is
very quick set up tho, certainly much less than an hour for basic
thing. I did my network in <5 minutes a year ago. And then you can
spend lotsa time for customizing it over time, get hooked and all that
stuff.

But I really just wanted to mention it as a possible way, there are
n+1 ways to go.

And yes, this worked very well for the original applicant, which is
great. I just hope it will not become too popular a discussion
subject. :-)

-+ Tatu +-

Re: Looking for work

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
i dunno, one mail to a mailing list seemed to have worked pretty well :P

cheers,
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: Looking for work

Posted by Jeffrey Johnson <or...@gmail.com>.

Re: Looking for work

Posted by Tatu Saloranta <ts...@gmail.com>.

Re: Looking for work

Posted by Joseph Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.
I just started a LinkedIn group called "Cassandra NoSQL"
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2822930 I invite folks to join as
it has a job board and is a good place for networking stuff too =8^)

I look forward to the continued nitty gritty that goes on here perhaps
the linked in discussions can grow and help others discuss less
tactical items and continue to making this project a success.

Anything I can do to help (perhaps even on the development side if my
time ever frees up)

/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
*/

Re: Looking for work

Re: Looking for work

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
(This is not to say that I think job posts are off-topic here, because
they are not.)

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If there's one thing that's worse than a mailing list as a job board,
> it's a wiki. :)
>
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Ryan Daum <ry...@thimbleware.com> wrote:
>> Maybe the wiki needs a job board ?
>> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 10:15 PM, Joe Stump <jo...@joestump.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Us too at SimpleGeo! We're Python, Cassandra, Erlang, and a smattering of
>>> Java and C++.
>>>
>>> We have offices in Boulder, CO and SF.
>>>
>>> --Joe
>>>
>>> --
>>> Typed with big fingers on a small keyboard.

Re: Looking for work

Posted by Je...@nokia.com.
And the only thing worse than a wiki is a wiki plus a blog plus five social networks plus a website built on Rails plus SMS notifications plus ... :)

Jeremey.

Re: Looking for work

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Re: Looking for work

Posted by Ryan Daum <ry...@thimbleware.com>.

Re: Looking for work

Posted by Joe Stump <jo...@joestump.net>.

Re: Looking for work

Posted by Anthony Molinaro <an...@alumni.caltech.edu>.
If you are willing to relocate to Pasadena, OpenX is hiring (feel free to
forward me a resume if interested).  I may have to question Digg's claim
to first to production.  We were running 0.3.0 in production last August
and currently have 3 deployments spread over 30 machines in EC2, so heavy
users.

-Anthony

Anthony Molinaro                           <an...@alumni.caltech.edu>

Re: Looking for work

Posted by Chris Goffinet <go...@digg.com>.

--
Chris Goffinet

Re: Looking for work

Posted by Matt Chambers <ch...@imageworks.com>.
Imageworks as well.

http://www.imageworks.com/jointheteam/print.php?job=prog-mtt

-Matt

Re: Looking for work

Posted by Joseph Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.
We are hiring @ Medialets too if you are in the NYC
http://www.medialets.com/careers/

/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
*/

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Peter Halliday

Re: Looking for work

Posted by Ryan King <ry...@twitter.com>.
I guess I should take this opportunity to say that we at Twitter are
hiring aggressively for people to work on and around cassandra. Feel
free to email me your resume. :)

-ryan