Posted to users@maven.apache.org by phillip rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/15 05:28:48 UTC

jaxrpc.jar dependency?

Sorry,
Extreme newbie here.

I am trying to use apache axis, and hence I need the
jaxrpc.jar that works with it.

I do not see jaxrpc in
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/jaxrpc/

Anyway I copied the jar that I had to the local
repository and renamed it jaxrpc-1.0.jar.

I have 2 questions:
1)  I tried declaring the dependency without a version
expecting it to look for "jaxrpc.jar", instead it
looked for "jaxrpc-.jar".  It felt kind of wrong to
rename it.  Is it okay that I did?
2)  What is the best practice for this kind of thing
in which one can not find a jar file that one can
redistribute such as jaxrpc.jar?

thanks very much.  Don't abuse this newbie too much;)

Re: jaxrpc.jar dependency?

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.
Brett Porter wrote:
>>2)  What is the best practice for this kind of thing
>>in which one can not find a jar file that one can
>>redistribute such as jaxrpc.jar?
>

> This is really the only alternative we have until there are freely distributable
> versions of such jars...

Axis distributes the jaxrpc API:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/axis/jars/axis-jaxrpc-1.2-alpha-1.jar

Also, you can now find most of the Sun J2EE APIs under the geronimo-spec
groupId on ibiblio.

Re: jaxrpc.jar dependency?

Posted by Webb Morris <we...@yahoo.com>.
Also if you want to use a jar that doesn't have a version, you can add the <jar> tag to your
dependency.

WM

Re: jaxrpc.jar dependency?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.