Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dirk Krummacker <di...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/29 09:59:57 UTC

[Trinidad] tr:tree: nodes cannot be closed if initiallyExpanded=true

The tr:tree and the tr:treetable component both have the attribute
"initiallyExpanded" which allows to open the whole tree on first
rendering. While the tr:treeTable works exactly as I would expect, the
tr:tree shows some odd behavior: The tree is fully expanded, but any
subsequent click on a [-] collapse icon does not have any effect.

Test case:

1. Go to http://www.irian.at/trinidad-demo/faces/components/treeTable.jspx
2. Check "initiallyExpanded" and click "Update".
3. The tr:treeTable is expanded and you can close/open nodes.
4. And now go to http://www.irian.at/trinidad-demo/faces/components/tree.jspx
5. Check "initiallyExpanded" and click "Update".
6. The tr:tree is expanded, but the nodes cannot be collapsed.

I suppose this is a bug, or was there a reason why it was implemented this way?

Dirk

Re: [Trinidad] tr:tree: nodes cannot be closed if initiallyExpanded=true

Posted by Dirk Krummacker <di...@gmail.com>.
It is now filed under: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1103

I also added two workarounds.

Dirk