Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Robert DiBlasi <r_...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/01 19:24:52 UTC

Batik Website observations ...Batik jar files should be explained

Hello Batikers!

I have been participating on yahoo SVG Developers list and SVG wiki for a
while....all the time promoting Batik :-)...I also have notice that
animations feature are just starting to make their way into
Batik :-)

I also noticed that Batik will be at JAVA ONE ....Any comments from the
Batik team? I think that Max Dunn was there last year and gave some reports
for the conferance....I hope this year will be a repeat....

I started to work on a project....and I noticed that there is not
documentation of the jar files in the Batik :-(

So I would like to propose a section addressing Batik jars on the Batik
site!....something like xerces has for it's site:
http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/install.html

I found it really hard to get Batik to run at first because I did not know
what jars to put in the classpath ( I not the kind to just load up the
classpath unless I have to ;-)

So What do you think? ....I can put something together...any hints on the
kind of information that you would like to be included?.

<shameless>
http://www.svgnotebook.com is starting to take shape....
</shameless>

We all learn by sharing what we know