Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <be...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/19 12:28:12 UTC

[ALL] Bulk operations in Jira (Was: Re: [ALL] Too much traffic on the "dev" ML)

Hi Bernd

> Hello Ben,
>
> I was actually looking for this switch before. After releasing VFS
> there would be a few hundred closed bugs, so it comes in handy.
>
> However I dont see a bulk operation interface. It is supposed to be
> under "Tools" and requires a global "Bulk" permission. But I dont see a
> tools menu. Or at least I have no idea where to look for it :)
>
> Can you confirm that this is restricted and that we have some people on
> the list who could use it (it is only rarely needed so we can request
> the execution by mail).

I can confirm that there is an interface for doing bulk operation. Since
you can't see it, it must have something to do with your privileges. I
think Mark Thomas or Sebb can figure this out for you.

Benedikt

Re: [ALL] Bulk operations in Jira (Was: Re: [ALL] Too much traffic on the "dev" ML)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19 January 2015 at 11:28, Benedikt Ritter <be...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Bernd

>> Hello Ben,
>>
>> I was actually looking for this switch before. After releasing VFS
>> there would be a few hundred closed bugs, so it comes in handy.
>>
>> However I dont see a bulk operation interface. It is supposed to be
>> under "Tools" and requires a global "Bulk" permission. But I dont see a
>> tools menu. Or at least I have no idea where to look for it :)
>>
>> Can you confirm that this is restricted and that we have some people on
>> the list who could use it (it is only rarely needed so we can request
>> the execution by mail).
>>

> I can confirm that there is an interface for doing bulk operation. Since
> you can't see it, it must have something to do with your privileges. I
> think Mark Thomas or Sebb can figure this out for you.

Note that the Tools menu item only appears when there are issues to change.

Make sure you have selected some issues first.