Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Peram, Sudhakara" <Su...@pfizer.com> on 2010/12/29 02:07:55 UTC

BerkeleyDB error

Hi All

I am migrating Perl 5.005 to 5.12.2, Apache 1.3.9 to 1.3.42, mod_perl
1.21 to 1.31 and BerkeleyDB 3.x to 5.x

We are setting ENV variables through GUI and executing perl script in
background through GUI. In that perl script we are using same libraries
which we used in GUI scripts. I am able to execute that perl script
successfully few times (less than 5 times) after every restart of Apache
web server. After that I am getting following BerkeleyDB error message
in log file of that script (i.e., run_command).

Error Message:

Can't load
'~/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.2/sun4-solaris-64int/auto/BerkeleyDB/Berkele
yDB.so' for module BerkeleyDB: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open
failed: No such file or directory at ~/lib/perl5/5.12.2/XSLoader.pm line
70.

 at xxx-lib.pl line 6

Compilation failed in require at xxx-lib.pl line 6.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at xxx-lib.pl line 6.

Compilation failed in require at yyy-lib.pl line 34.

Compilation failed in require at ~/bin/run_command line 101.

Line 6 of xxx-lib.pl is use BerkeleyDB;

Line 34 of yyy-lib.pl is require xxx-lib.pl;

Line 101 of run_command is eval { require yyy-lib.pl;};

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Regards

Sudhakar

RE: BerkeleyDB error

Posted by "Peram, Sudhakara" <Su...@pfizer.com>.
Thanks Perrin.

I am using Apache::Registry in httpd.conf file and I am running
run_command through system command.

Below is my httpd.conf for mod_perl:

<Location />

PerlFixupHandler Apache::Resource

</Location>

PerlModule Apache::Filter

# Actual mod_perl setting.

<Files *.pl>

  Options ExecCGI

  SetHandler perl-script

#  PerlHandler Apache::PerlRun

  PerlSetVar Filter On

  PerlHandler Apache::RegistryFilter Apache::Compress

  PerlSendHeader On

  PerlInitHandler CDARSLog

</Files>

<Files *top.pl>

  Options ExecCGI

  SetHandler perl-script

  PerlHandler Apache::PerlRun

  PerlSendHeader On

  PerlInitHandler CDARSLog

</Files>

# Actual mod_perl setting.

<Files *.mpl>

  Options +ExecCGI

  SetHandler perl-script

  PerlHandler Apache::Registry

  PerlSendHeader On

</Files>

<Files *.xpl>

  Options +ExecCGI

  SetHandler perl-script

  PerlHandler Refresh

  PerlSendHeader On

</Files>

# watch what mod_perl is doing...

<Location /perl-status>

  SetHandler perl-script

  PerlHandler Apache::Status

  order deny,allow

  deny from all

  allow from all

</Location>

<Location /xxxx/gui/>

         # This is the standard authentication stuff

         AuthName "CDARS Authentication"

         AuthType Basic

         PerlAuthenHandler xxxx_Access

         require valid-user

</Location>

Where xxxx is our application name.

--Sudhakar

> successfully few times (less than 5 times) after every restart of
Apache web

> server. After that I am getting following BerkeleyDB error message in
log

> file of that script (i.e., run_command).

Are you using Apache::Registry for this?

It sounds as if your requests fail on the second attempt to run the

script in a process.  If you start apache with the -X option, do they

fail on the second request?

- Perrin

Re: BerkeleyDB error

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.