Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by ingeniebrio <jm...@yahoo.com.mx> on 2007/09/18 00:43:45 UTC

lucene question( summary of values by field )

Hi !

  I make a search and get the hits. this hits have lucene records say    r1,
....  rn.  eache record has
  the fields    f1 , f2 ... fn .

 I need to get a sumary of field values ( like those ebay , and shopping.com
do )

      for example :
      values for field f1      ->  A :50  records
                                        B :60  records
                                        Others : 30  records
     (asuming the search produced 140 lucene documents. )

I really would apreciate if anybody knows how can I program that
functionallity.  I did it using a  'for' loop trough all the records , but
it gets very slow when the amount of records is so large.

Thank in advance for your ideas.

Re: lucene question( summary of values by field )

Posted by "J. Delgado" <jo...@gmail.com>.
For counts per facet you probably need to use Solr Faceted Browsing

   - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrFacetingOverview

or DB-Lucene integration

   - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-724

J.D.