Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Matthias Baetens <ba...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/03 16:50:34 UTC

Apache Beam community activity in the second part of 2019

Hi everyone,

This e-mail will give you an overview of all the community activity in the
pipeline for the second part of the year - for attendees, potential
speakers and organisers.

*Summit*
As you might have seen on the @BeamSummit Twitter handle, Beam Summit North
America will take place in *Las Vegas *on *11 and 12 September:*
[image: image.png]

We are looking forward to welcoming you all there. More information you can
find on the Beam Summit website: https://beamsummit.org

Beam Summit is part of ApacheCon, so you get access to our tracks if you
have an ApacheCon ticket. If you are only interested in the Beam Summit
tracks, you can get a ticket for $99 using the 'BEAMSMMT19' on
https://www.cvent.com/events/apachecon-las-vegas-2019/registration-1436cacdafaf45bba109116f50efa788.aspx
<https://www.cvent.com/events/apachecon-las-vegas-2019/registration-1436cacdafaf45bba109116f50efa788.aspx?refid=Standard&fqp=true>

*Meetups*
*London*
London will have its next meetup on September 4th.
RSVP here
<https://www.meetup.com/London-Apache-Beam-Meetup/events/263701679> and
stay tuned for more information!

We plan to have 2 more meetups later in the year; one at the end of October
and another one at the end of November or start of December. Anyone
interested in speaking, feel free to reach out!

*Paris*
The next in Paris will take place half October. Join the group
<https://www.meetup.com/Paris-Apache-Beam-Meetup/> and keep an eye out for
the event to appear!

*Warsaw*
The great people from Polidea <https://www.polidea.com/> are helping to set
up the first Beam meetup in *Warsaw*
<https://www.meetup.com/nl-NL/Warsaw-Apache-Beam-Meetup>, aiming for the
week of *11-15 November*.

We are looking for potential speakers - please do reach out if you are
interested (dates are still flexible).

*Belgium*
Belgium <https://www.meetup.com/Belgium-Apache-Beam-Meetup/> will have its
first meetup on *November 22, *together with the Kettle Community
<http://landing.know.bi/kettle-community-meeting-2019-0>. Stay tuned for
more information on the meetup page!

*Stockholm*
After the last successful meetup in Stockholm, we'd like to close the year
with a 3rd meetup for this year in November. Join the meetup group
<https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Beam-Stockholm/> to stay up to date and
reach out if you want to share something with the community!

Other communities in Amsterdam
<https://www.meetup.com/nl-NL/Amsterdam-Apache-Beam-Meetup/>, Berlin
<https://www.meetup.com/Berlin-Apache-Beam-Meetup/>, Kiev and Dubai have
shown interest in organising meetups. I want to motivate people to reach
out in case they want to *organise and/or speak* in one of these cities so
we can set something up!

Looking forward to seeing you at one of the next events!
Best regards,
Matthias

Re: Apache Beam community activity in the second part of 2019

Posted by Matthias Baetens <ba...@gmail.com>.
Update on the tickets for ApacheCon: your Beam Summit ticket (using the
'BEAMSMMT19' on
https://www.cvent.com/events/apachecon-las-vegas-2019/registration-1436cacdafaf45bba109116f50efa788.aspx
<https://www.cvent.com/events/apachecon-las-vegas-2019/registration-1436cacdafaf45bba109116f50efa788.aspx?refid=Standard&fqp=true>)
will give you *full access* to all of the ApacheCon days and tracks for the
reduced price of $99!

Posted by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chad,

Try refreshing browser cache.  I still saw Berlin info on one source, but
once refreshed browser it showed Vegas.  Matthias is doing a great job on
the site!

@All -- Also, as mentioned recently Seattle
<https://www.meetup.com/Seattle-Apache-Beam-Meetup/> is kicking off, and New
York <https://www.meetup.com/New-York-Apache-Beam/> is also coming
together.  I also have slacked on getting the next Bay Area
<https://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Apache-Beam/> one together.

Cheers,
Austin

Posted by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com>.