Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Gonzalez <dg...@rafastd.org> on 2003/11/20 15:16:04 UTC

Re[2]: [users@httpd] ERROR DOCUMENTS ON 2.0.48

Hello Joshua,

JS> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, David Gonzalez wrote:
>> [Wed Nov 19 12:27:56 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] unable to include potential exec
>> "include/top.html" in parsed file
>> /wwwroot/error/HTTP_NOT_FOUND.html.var
>> [Wed Nov 19 12:27:56 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] unable to include potential exec
>> "include/bottom.html" in parsed file
>> /wwwroot/error/HTTP_NOT_FOUND.html.var
>>
>>  I  haven't  changed  anything. on the httpd.conf file so i don't know
>>  what's wrong?.
>>
>>  I just put php to proccess html files like
>>
>>  AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

JS> Yep, that's it.  When IncludesNoExec is set (as it is in the errors
JS> directory), the mime type of the included file must start with text/.

JS> A few ways to fix this:

JS> 1. Use AddHandler for your php rather than AddType.  AddType should be
JS> used only for real content types.

JS> 2. Restrict your php processing only to directories that really need it.
JS> The error directories do not.

JS> 3. Change the IncludesNoExec to just Includes in the <Directory> section
JS> for the errors directory.

JS> Joshua.

That's great i've already deleted the AddType for .html files and it's
fixed Thanx.

Though you left me a litle confused with the fact that i should permit
.php like CGI on specific places.

Would you be so kind and please tell me how could i achieve steps 1, 2
& 3?.

Thanx a lot you've been great help.

This Forum Rocks!.

--
Best regards,
 David                            mailto:dgonzalez@rafastd.org

Re[2]: [users@httpd] ERROR DOCUMENTS ON 2.0.48

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, David Gonzalez wrote:
> JS> Yep, that's it.  When IncludesNoExec is set (as it is in the errors
> JS> directory), the mime type of the included file must start with text/.
>
> JS> A few ways to fix this:
>
> JS> 1. Use AddHandler for your php rather than AddType.  AddType should be
> JS> used only for real content types.
>
> JS> 2. Restrict your php processing only to directories that really need it.
> JS> The error directories do not.
>
> JS> 3. Change the IncludesNoExec to just Includes in the <Directory> section
> JS> for the errors directory.
>
> JS> Joshua.
>
> That's great i've already deleted the AddType for .html files and it's
> fixed Thanx.
>
> Though you left me a litle confused with the fact that i should permit
> .php like CGI on specific places.
>
> Would you be so kind and please tell me how could i achieve steps 1, 2
> & 3?.

You don't need to do all of them.  Any one of them will work.

1. Simply replace the AddType with something like
AddHandler php5-script .html

2. Scope the AddType in a <Directory> as in
<Directory /usr/local/apache2/htdocs>
AddType php....
</Directory>

Joshua.