Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "J.V." <jv...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/22 01:25:20 UTC

How to generate a self signed cert for Tomcat?

Mark: I am using the default http connector; in the server.xml, there is
a section that is comment out to enable 8443, I have added a section
there very similar to what is in the file that points to a.keystore.

I can get the certs to work with my configuration if I generate the
certs using openssl (that comes with cygwin), but I need a Java based
solution.

If anyone has a full known good working example of how to generate a
self signed cert in Java that would work with Tomcat , please send.

I need to generate three files (ca.crt, ca.pem & the pkc12 file which
gets named "a.keystore").

thanks

J.V.

Re: How to generate a self signed cert for Tomcat?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 22/09/2012 00:25, J.V. wrote:
> Mark: I am using the default http connector; in the server.xml, there is
> a section that is comment out to enable 8443, I have added a section
> there very similar to what is in the file that points to a.keystore.

Please provide the log output from when Tomcat starts. The "default"
connector can vary.

Please also provide the exact connector configuration from server.xml/

Cheers,

Mark