Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/02 02:26:41 UTC

[VOTE] Switch to release candidate

I've just fixed a bunch of problems and some low-hanging fruit. 5.4 is long
overdue, and if not perfect, nothing remaining (to my view) can't wait for
a 5.4.1 or even a 5.5 (which, I would hope, we be months out, not years!).

I would like the next tapestry release (not yet generated) to be rc-1.  As
per our procedures, we have a binding vote to switch from beta to rc, then
a new standard vote for a public release.

Vote to run for three days. I believe we need at least 3 +1's from PMC
members, and no -1's.

Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com
@hlship

Re: [VOTE] Switch to release candidate

Posted by Jochen Kemnade <jo...@eddyson.de>.
Jochen Kemnade: +0 (binding)

I'd prefer to get TAP5-2397 (or the question of what to use the
t5:zone:did-update for) sorted out before we claim we are ready for 5.4
proper.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Kalle Korhonen: +1 (non-binding)

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
Bob Harner: +1 (non-binding)

Posted by françois facon <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 21:26:41 -0300, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've just fixed a bunch of problems and some low-hanging fruit. 5.4 is
> long overdue, and if not perfect, nothing remaining (to my view) can't
> wait for a 5.4.1 or even a 5.5 (which, I would hope, we be months out,
> not years!).

I have two service proxy annotations bugs on me, both on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2029: T-IoC blows up if service
interface method and service implementation method have the same
annotation, which is the harder issue, and a problem with generics I've
partially fixed which doesn't blow up, just doesn't copy an annotation. I
think the first one is a showstopper for 5.4.0 final, but not for a
candidate release. I'll try to fix them this week.

Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1 (binding)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br

Re: [VOTE] Switch to release candidate

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
On 2015-06-02 02:26, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> I've just fixed a bunch of problems and some low-hanging fruit. 5.4 is long
> overdue, and if not perfect, nothing remaining (to my view) can't wait for
> a 5.4.1 or even a 5.5 (which, I would hope, we be months out, not years!).
>
> I would like the next tapestry release (not yet generated) to be rc-1.  As
> per our procedures, we have a binding vote to switch from beta to rc, then
> a new standard vote for a public release.
>
> Vote to run for three days. I believe we need at least 3 +1's from PMC
> members, and no -1's.

This is a release vote so at least 3 +1 and more +1 than -1 [1]. Vetoes (-1) are just for code.

Cheers,

Uli

[1] https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

Re: [VOTE] Switch to release candidate