Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/01 17:26:50 UTC

make ambari create users/groups using a specific id range

We are using ambari to install hadoop in our datacenter. The environment
(e.g. cerberus) will remove any users/groups whose ids are not in a
specific range (e.g. uid 3000-65535, gid 70000-90000). Is there a way to
ask ambari to create hadoop users with the ids in these ranges? Any
workaround? Thanks very much for any help!

Re: make ambari create users/groups using a specific id range

Posted by Eirik Thorsnes <ei...@uni.no>.
On 01. juni 2018 19:26, Lian Jiang wrote:
> We are using ambari to install hadoop in our datacenter. The environment
> (e.g. cerberus) will remove any users/groups whose ids are not in a
> specific range (e.g. uid 3000-65535, gid 70000-90000). Is there a way to
> ask ambari to create hadoop users with the ids in these ranges? Any
> workaround? Thanks very much for any help!

Hi,

on our rpm-based systems (CentOS) we just create all users, on all
machines, in advance - with the uid and gid we would like to use.

You can find the users that rpm will create by inspecting packages (e.g.
rpm -qp --scripts filename.rpm | egrep 'user|group').

Regards,
Eirik Thorsnes