Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by rkedari <rk...@msas.in> on 2011/01/27 13:31:09 UTC

Consolidated test plan report by varying user load

Hi,

Can we get single "View Results in Table" or "summary report" listener
result showing varying user load, I want a consolidated detailed report/
summary report showing results for different user loads? I don’t want to run
the test plan again and again by changing Number of Threads/ users.

Re: Consolidated test plan report by varying user load

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
hi
Im not sure I get what you are asking for.
usually a thread simulates a user. By configuring the stepping thread group
to say startup 50 threads every 30 minutes  upto say 200 users then you get
a single plan with every thirty minute interval representing an additional
50 users. so interval 0-30 minutes = 50 users , 31-60 = 100 users and so on.

regards
deepak

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
On 01/29/2011 02:11 PM, rkedari wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need help again.........
>
> By scheduling threads how can i get the correct number of users at any
> time... the "Stepping Thread Group" or "Ultimate Thread Group" can only
> schedule the threads but I want exact performance for my test plan for
> different number of users...
>
> What I am doing is, changing number if threads running the test plan again
> and again.... but i want to run the test plan only once and get same result
> consolidated to get results like response time Vs number of users.

What I usually do is
 * introduce a jmeter propery for number of threads
 * run the test plan in non-GUI mode using a script
 * in the calling script, vary number-of-threads property

Not exactly what you want but the mileage is alright for my needs.

HTH,
Felix

Re: Consolidated test plan report by varying user load

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Check stepping thread group / utlimate thread group on the same link

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Not tried it myself
http://code.google.com/p/jmeter-plugins/
Stepping/UltimateThread Group along with ResponseTimesVsThreads graphs might
be what you are looking for

regards
deepak