Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marcos Mendonça <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/08 12:58:57 UTC

Problem with dates in FF

Hello

I'm having a problem with dates in Firefox.

I have a form where a user is expected to enter dates in dd/mm/yyyy format.

I have this in my *-validation.xml

        <field name="dateValid">
		<field-validator type="date">
			<param name="min">01/01/1900</param>
			<param name="max">01/01/2099</param>
			<message key="" />
		</field-validator>
	</field>

If I enter the 31/12/2007 date for instance it passes validation
alright in IE and is recorded correctly in the database. However in FF
it doesn't pass validation and if I try a different date, say
11/12/2009 it passes validation but gets recorded in the database as
12/11/2009 instead.

I'm using struts 2.0.11.

Any ideas where the problem is? I'm clueless.