Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Jason Bailey <Ja...@sas.com> on 2018/01/23 13:54:30 UTC

documentation locations

Is there a determination on where the true source of documentation is?
We have the sling-site project, we have the README in each individual project and the plugins are using the maven-sites-plugin.

In Git projects it's usually the README or a unique docs folder. In a related note, if the README isn't being used for documentation, what should be in there?

Re: documentation locations

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Tuesday 23 January 2018 16:43:37 Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 3:40 PM, Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de> wrote:
> > ...AFAIR we agreed on having basic documentation in the README and higher
> > level documentation or documentation spanning multiple modules on Sling's
> > site under /documentation...
>
> That works for me - however until we have an automated list of all
> Sling modules it's good IMO to list all "important" bundles under
> http://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles.html with at least a
> link to their own README if that's where their documentation is.

wip: https://oliverlietz.github.io/apache-sling-aggregator/

O.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Tuesday 23 January 2018 13:54:30 Jason Bailey wrote:
> Is there a determination on where the true source of documentation is?
> We have the sling-site project, we have the README in each individual
> project and the plugins are using the maven-sites-plugin.

AFAIR we agreed on having basic documentation in the README and higher level
documentation or documentation spanning multiple modules on Sling's site under
/documentation.

> In Git projects it's usually the README or a unique docs folder. In a
> related note, if the README isn't being used for documentation, what should
> be in there?

A link to the documentation.

HTH,
O.