Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2015/04/21 11:28:48 UTC

[ANN] Switching to asciidoctor / new website look'n feel

Hi all,

After discussing with guys on IRC, I would like to "push" on two changes:

1/ Manual (documentation) will switch from scalate to asciidoctor. I'm
double checking that scm-publish works fine for the website update. A
couple of guys will work on the asciidoctor conversion.
2/ Website will also switch to asciidoctor with a new look'n feel. A
first proposal/mock up will be available soon.

Thanks,
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [ANN] Switching to asciidoctor / new website look'n feel

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi JB,

thanks for the info.
Now this did get a bit more momentum than what I planed on :)
My first intention had been to be able to show the differences between the
two solutions and let the people decide on it later.

For the website with asciidoctor now that is a nice idea :D

Let's try to make that a bit more usable also for mobile devices ...

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member
Project Lead

Re: [ANN] Switching to asciidoctor / new website look'n feel

Posted by Sobkowiak Krzysztof <kr...@gmail.com>.
Yes, of course :) I meant whether you plan to use any static site generator using asciidoctor,  like Awestruct or jekyll with the asciidoc plugin. We have not discussed yet
about this in ServiceMix. One of the solutions we could use is the Middleman,   but I think it makes sense to have a common base and cooperate in the site migration.
Ascidoctor is a good idea and it makes sense to use it for the site because you use  the same technology for the documentation. If you need some help/cooperation/discussion
I'm ready to take part at this task too

regards
Krzysztof

> asciidoctor as well.
>
> On 04/21/2015 05:24 PM, Sobkowiak Krzysztof wrote:
>> Hi JB
>>
>> What are you going to use for the web site?
>>
>> Regards
>> Krzysztof
>>
>> On 21.04.2015 11:28, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> After discussing with guys on IRC, I would like to "push" on two changes:
>>>
>>> 1/ Manual (documentation) will switch from scalate to asciidoctor. I'm double checking that scm-publish works fine for the website update. A couple of guys will work on
>>> the asciidoctor conversion.
>>> 2/ Website will also switch to asciidoctor with a new look'n feel. A first proposal/mock up will be available soon.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak

JEE & OSS Architect
Apache Software Foundation Member
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/> Committer & PMC
Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC <http://www.pl.capgemini-sdm.com/en/>

Re: [ANN] Switching to asciidoctor / new website look'n feel

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
asciidoctor as well.

Posted by Sobkowiak Krzysztof <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB