Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/23 20:16:35 UTC

Hive + Cassandra tutorial

Hi,

I'm trying to experiment with Hive using Data in Cassandra. Brisk looks
good, but I'm interested in running the map reduce jobs on HDFS not on CFS.

I'm taking a look at [1], but couldn't figure out how to run it with a
Cassandra cluster. I was wondering is there a simple word count example
similar to the Pig case?

Thanks in advance.

[1] - https://github.com/riptano/hive

Tharindu

blog: http://mackiemathew.com/

Re: Hive + Cassandra tutorial

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.
Any idea whether the hive functionality will be merged to the Cassandra
source?

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 1:00 AM, Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I was looking for a similar sample for Hive. I've already gone through the
> Pig sample. I probably wasn't clear about this in my initial mail.
>

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:55 AM, Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1234@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Take a look at http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/HadoopSupport and in the
>> source download of cassandra there's a contrib/pig section that has a
>> wordcount example.
>>
>> On Jan 23, 2012, at 1:16 PM, Tharindu Mathew wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to experiment with Hive using Data in Cassandra. Brisk looks
>> good, but I'm interested in running the map reduce jobs on HDFS not on CFS.
>> >
>> > I'm taking a look at [1], but couldn't figure out how to run it with a
>> Cassandra cluster. I was wondering is there a simple word count example
>> similar to the Pig case?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> >
>> > [1] - https://github.com/riptano/hive
>> >
>> > --
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Tharindu
>> >
>> > blog: http://mackiemathew.com/
>> >

> --
> Regards,
>
> Tharindu
>
> blog: http://mackiemathew.com/

Tharindu

blog: http://mackiemathew.com/

Re: Hive + Cassandra tutorial

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

<je...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Take a look at http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/HadoopSupport and in the
> source download of cassandra there's a contrib/pig section that has a
> wordcount example.
>
> On Jan 23, 2012, at 1:16 PM, Tharindu Mathew wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to experiment with Hive using Data in Cassandra. Brisk looks
> good, but I'm interested in running the map reduce jobs on HDFS not on CFS.
> >
> > I'm taking a look at [1], but couldn't figure out how to run it with a
> Cassandra cluster. I was wondering is there a simple word count example
> similar to the Pig case?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > [1] - https://github.com/riptano/hive
> >
> > --