Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jeff Ling <je...@google.com> on 2006/06/01 21:27:10 UTC

NTML support in Axis2

Hello,

I posted the message the message to user's mailing list, but haven't got any
response yet. It's kind of urgent for me, so sorry for the spam.

I downloaded the nightly build with the basic auth patch. Now that's
working. However, I am wondering whether NTLM is supported by Axis2? I know
HttpClient does support it. However, I can't figure out how to tell Axis to
use NTLM.

Here is what I did in the code,

      BasicAuthentication basicAuthentication = new
HttpTransportProperties()
        .new BasicAuthentication();
      basicAuthentication.setUsername(context.getUserName());
      basicAuthentication.setPassword(context.getPassword());
      basicAuthentication.setRealm(context.getRealm());

      options
      .setProperty(HTTPConstants.BASIC_AUTHENTICATION, basicAuthentication);

And I got the error.
 INFO [main] (AuthChallengeProcessor.java:100) - ntlm authentication scheme
selected
ERROR [main] (HttpMethodDirector.java:235) - Credentials cannot be used for
NTLM authentication:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.UsernamePasswordCredentials
org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.InvalidCredentialsException: Credentials
cannot be used for NTLM authentication:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.UsernamePasswordCredentials
    at org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.NTLMScheme.authenticate(
NTLMScheme.java:331)
    at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.authenticateHost(
HttpMethodDirector.java:281)

Seems that NTLM auth scheme is selected, but credential is incorrect.

Re: NTML support in Axis2

Posted by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Please try it with Revision 411069 upwards.

Saminda

Re: NTML support in Axis2

Posted by Jeff Ling <je...@google.com>.

Re: NTML support in Axis2