Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Gentilin <ge...@eyecatching.com> on 2001/04/20 20:21:57 UTC

Help with classpath issues

I am trying to dynamic load classes and load configuration files
via my class path. I know at runtime I can only use what's in
my system classpath and that my ./classes and ./lib are only
visible to Tomcat and not the servlet.  For development, I have
fudged my system classpath but this will never fly for deployment.

Has anyone come up for a solution for a 3.1 or a 3.2 server.
I searched the list archive and there is some mention that 3.3 fixes
this (although no detail) but 3.3 is not widely available with any
ISP's providing Tomcat support.

Thank you
John Gentilin

RE: Help with classpath issues

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader()

will give you the current class loader, this one points to WEB-INF/classes
and WEB-INF/lib
everything you need!

Filip

~