Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by khachchou simo <m_...@yahoo.fr> on 2003/05/10 17:21:45 UTC

Apache redirection

Hi everybody,

My problem doesn't really concern Tomcat. It is about apache redirection. I am working on an application which uses Apache/Tomcat and I want to redirect every request to cgi file (*.cgi?... followed by parameters) to another location, thus the request won't be treates in the current server but in another server. So I have added in the httpd.conf file this :

"RedirectMatch (.*)\.cgi  http://www.mysite.com/location/"

but unfortunately when I want send a request with parameters (eg : myfile.cgi?action=logout) I am getting

"http://www.mysite.com/location/?action=logout"

so the name of the cgi file has disapeared.

Any ideas

best regards

Mohammed

Testez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail

Re: Apache redirection

Posted by ca...@stj.gov.br.

HI!

Have you tried the ProxyPass & ProxyPassReverse directives?   They work
great for us here.  You get your Apache to act as a Reverse Proxy for your
other server, and there is no problems with parameters..... (the browser is
not redirected to the other server.... the pages come from your main
server)

Regards.....
Carlos Zottmann.

             khachchou simo
             <m_khachchou@yaho
             o.fr>                                                    Para
                                       Tomcat Users List
             10/05/2003 12:21          <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

             Favor responder a                                     Assunto
               "Tomcat Users           Apache redirection
                   List"
             <tomcat-user@jaka
              rta.apache.org>