Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Eddie Post <po...@hotmail.com> on 2001/08/17 18:37:37 UTC

SMTPAppender on Linux box ??

Hellu,

I want to us a smtp appender on my linux box.
Some advice on this please, conerning the following:
- Should I use javamail of sendmail ?? (I used sendmail ofter but never
javamail until now).
- Where can I fiind the latest source of other people that made something,
to get me going.

I found a lot of smtpappender mails in the mail-archive but don't know where
to start. Some advice from people how already walked this path would be more
then welcome.

Eddie

RE: SMTPAppender on Linux box ??

Posted by Thomas Tuft Muller <tt...@online.no>.
Yes

See
http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/net/SMTPAppender.h
tml. It might not be compiled into the log4j-core.jar.

Hope this helps

--

Thomas

| > |
| > |
| > | Thanks Nicolas.
| > |
| > | I will have a look at the javadoc, I search further in the Log4J
| > | mailinglist
| > | for source code of the SMTPAppender  to get me started.
| > | Or is there a better place to find the SMTPAppender on internet ?
| > |
| > | Eddie
| > |

| > |
| > |

Re: SMTPAppender on Linux box ??

Posted by Thomas Tuft Muller <tt...@online.no>.

Posted by Nicolas <ni...@ice.com>.
JavaMail is just an API to send mail using the SMTP protocol.

sendmail is a program able to accept mail through SMTP connections, and route
it appropriately.

Because the mail transport is layered behind SMTP, javamail does not have to

Posted by Eddie Post <po...@hotmail.com>.
Noc noc ??

Can someone please help me with this question I posted last week (see below)
?

Ed