Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by bajpais <ba...@amazon.com> on 2019/06/10 22:31:49 UTC

Row Level Security and Column Level security on Kylin

Hi all ,
I have a requirement to implement row level security and column level
security on Kylin cube.
Is this possible?
I would appreciate if someone can share their approach as to how they
implemented this for their use case?

I am not sure if we can create a view on top of cube to implement the
security or do we need to join with security table and embed this as part of
cube creation. The disadvantage of embedding data as part join i see that
there will be redundant data stored for each user having access to same set
of rows as part of security table

--
Sent from: http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/

Re: Row Level Security and Column Level security on Kylin

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Today Kylin's ACL is at table level, we think this is good enough (for 99%
scenarios).

Row and column level control is one of the enterprise features. Kyligence's
Kylin distribution has that feature out of box, but it is not open.

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC
Email: shaofengshi@apache.org