Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Yusuf Aaji <yu...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/30 10:27:26 UTC

Multiapps using the same repository

Hi,

I have multiple spring applications hosted on tomcat7 which uses jackrabbit
as a content repository, the apps content is not related to each other.
Which is the best option to access jackrabbit in terms of resources
utilization (memory and cpu), safety (repository data corruption or slow
down) and performance :

   1. Access a single repository using a shared tomcat resource
   2. Access a single repository remotely using RMI
   3. Access separate repository for each app directly as a spring bean

Those apps are developed in house so monitoring for correct memory usage
and profiling is also a requirement, so which option better suits my
requirements.

--
*BR,
Yusuf

Re: Jackrabbit over rmi and connection pool

Posted by "R. van Twisk" <rv...@dds.nl>.
On Apr 4, 2013, at 4:02 AM, "De Georges, Adrien" <Ad...@experian.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We are experiencing strong speed decrease when using an external database (sql or oracle) located on a different machine. It looks that each rmi or db call from JackRabbit (org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement) are twice slower. I would expect some slowness but not that much. We tried to optimize setting a DB connection pool in the datasource config without success.
> Does somebody has any experience on that? Any way to improve db connection/transfer process.
> Regards,
>
> Adrien

Adrien,

I don't have a solution but we possibly have seen the same.
We use PostgreSQL + jackrabbit within a CMS and during installation I see
much larger installation time (where the CMS initialises it's system and does it's DB calls I assume) because
our DB server is on a different server.

Ries

Jackrabbit over rmi and connection pool

Posted by "De Georges, Adrien" <Ad...@experian.com>.
Hi everyone,

We are experiencing strong speed decrease when using an external database (sql or oracle) located on a different machine. It looks that each rmi or db call from JackRabbit (org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement) are twice slower. I would expect some slowness but not that much. We tried to optimize setting a DB connection pool in the datasource config without success.
Does somebody has any experience on that? Any way to improve db connection/transfer process.
Regards,

Adrien

Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other binding commitment through the use of this electronic communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian Limited standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement between Experian Limited and the recipient. Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure that this communication and any attachments are free from computer virus, you are advised to take your own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

Companies Act information: Registered name: Experian Limited. Registered office: Landmark House, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, United Kingdom. Place of registration: England and Wales. Registered number: 653331

Re: Multiapps using the same repository

Posted by Yusuf Aaji <yu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all, using a workspace for each application is really a
good approach, and in this case a shared tomcat resource will be the way to
go.

--
*BR,
Yusuf