Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Miroslav Beranič <mi...@mibesis.si> on 2019/10/06 12:26:55 UTC

Sling Karaf Distribution - Waiting bundles

Hi all,

I follow tutorial, to setup Sling Distribution running on Karaf.
Main resource URL is:
https://sling.apache.org/documentation/karaf.html

After the features are installed, there are three bundles in state
"Waiting". The site seems to be working and I can view site, edit the
content.

karaf@root()> list -t 0 -s | grep "Waiting"
 93 │ Waiting  │  80 │ 1.18.0                │
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-blob-plugins
103 │ Waiting  │  80 │ 1.18.0                │
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-store-document
160 │ Waiting  │  80 │ 1.6.14                │
org.apache.sling.resourceresolver
karaf@root()> diag 93
Oak Blob Plugins (93)
---------------------
Declarative Services
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.ConsolidatedDataStoreCacheStats (3)
  missing references: cachingDataStore
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.migration.BlobMigration (4)
  missing references: splitBlobStore

karaf@root()> diag 103
Oak DocumentNodeStore (103)
---------------------------
Declarative Services
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.DocumentDiscoveryLiteService (97)
  missing references: nodeStore
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.secondary.SecondaryStoreCacheService
(100)
  missing references: blobStore, secondaryStoreProvider
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.DocumentNodeStoreService$Preset
(98)
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.DocumentStoreStatsPrinter (99)
  missing references: nodeStore

karaf@root()> diag 160
Apache Sling Resource Resolver (160)
------------------------------------
Declarative Services
org.apache.sling.resourceresolver.impl.ResourceAccessSecurityTracker (265)
org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.internal.JcrResourceResolverFactoryImpl (266)
org.apache.sling.resourceresolver.impl.observation.OsgiObservationBridge
(268)
  missing references: handlers
org.apache.sling.resourceresolver.impl.legacy.LegacyResourceProviderWhiteboard
(267)

Is this a normal - expected - behaviour? If yes -- why are this bundles
deployed? If no - how can I get additional info what is missing or what
should I do to make them active?

Attachment has full log. I am running on Karaf 4.3.0-SNAPSHOT ( this is the
only change, other bundles are built from master branches - version
0.1.1-SNAPSHOT )

Kind Regards,
Miroslav

--
Miroslav Beranič
MIBESIS

Re: Sling Karaf Distribution - Waiting bundles

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I am not sure if all of this is correct but in general some DS components
waiting for services or config is not necessarily a problem.
Especially in sling the presence of configs is kind of a feature toggle. So
it is used to enable / disable functionality.

I think we have to change the diag output for DS to make it clear that such
a state is not always an error.

Christian

Am So., 6. Okt. 2019 um 14:27 Uhr schrieb Miroslav Beranič <

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist
http://www.adobe.com