Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Wordit Ltd <wo...@googlemail.com> on 2010/11/02 17:33:09 UTC

Using jQuery to read, store, and authenticate

I want to use CouchDB to store userprefs for a web app. Does anybody
know a tutorial or docs for using jquery.couch.js to do the following:
- read and update the database
- check the user can only read and update their own data/document

I've spent several hours over the past few days on the CouchDB book
and other docs and have the basics set up on couchone.com. After
working through some Couchapp tutorials, that seems like far more than
I need.

I already have the apps working in plain HTML and JS. Just need to add
the database access.

Many Thanks for any help,

Marcus

Re: Using jQuery to read, store, and authenticate

Posted by Benjamin Young <be...@couchone.com>.
Hey Marcus,

There are signup, login, logout methods in jquery.couch.js along with all
the bits you'll need to write to the DB after that.

The code, in this case, is probably your best documentation.

Later,
Benjamin